1. Design and deliver short and full-fledged Programmes of Studies ranging from undergraduate certificate to Postgraduate levels.
2. Design and deliver Programmes of a non-conventional nature targeted towards the whole community, to face the emerging needs created by the re-engineering of the Mauritian society.
3. Encourage the continuing personal growth and intellectual development of adults, empowering them to reflect and generate change for themselves.
4. Design innovative modes of delivery, which can enhance access to lifelong learning and their productivity potential of existing human resources.
5. Admit students to Programmes at the Centre(s).
Any non-conventional educational Programme offered by the Lifelong Learning Cluster will be assessed through either the Continuous Learning Assessment Scheme, the PearsonVUE Authorised Test Centre, CISCO Test Centre or any other skills recognition scheme under certification to be approved by Senate.
1. Initiate, appraise and undertake research projects related to sustainable capacity building within the University and the country at large.
2. Undertake international networking to promote collaboration and enhance the outreach of the University to the whole Indian Ocean and African region
Provide consultancy services in such fields as:
1. Approaches and Methodologies to improve the quality of education and add value to existing resources and knowledge.
2. Methodological issues bridging the relationship between society and technology to allow for action and support cultural diversity and creativity.
3. Entrepreneurial model of the University for developing countries and methodologies to make effective the impact of research and technology transfer on their socio-economic environment, evaluation, certification and quality assurance issues for developing countries.
4. Respond to any other emerging needs as expressed by the community or the government.
Promote exchange and mobility of staff with overseas institutions.