|Rule sets for Microsoft Outlook (Configuring umail on outlook)
| Download PDF
Configure Outlook For Google Apps Account
Configure Outlook For Google Apps Account 1.Configuring your Google Apps Mail : Open your Google Apps mail account. Click on settings and Enable the “Forwarding and POP” Settings as shown below.
Click the Radio box “Enable POP for all Mail “ and Save your Settings by clicking the Save changes Button.
2. Configuring Microsoft Outlook :
- Open MS-Outlook and from the Tools Menu select “Account Settings”.Create a New account from the E mail Tab.
- If you are prompted to choose Email service select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and click Next.
- Fill the Necessary fields and Hit Next.Remember to check the Checkbox “ Manually Configure Server Settings or additional Server types”.
- Select “Internet Email “ and Click Next.
- Enter the Settings as Shown in the following screenshot:
- Leave the Option “ Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” unchecked.
- Now Click on “More Settings” and Select the “Outgoing Server “ tab.
Now Select the Advanced tab and Modify as shown
- Check the Checkbox “ My outgoing server(SMTP) requires authentication “.
- Check the radio Button “ Use same Settings as my incoming mail Server “.
Test your Account Settings : You can test your Account Settings by Clicking “ Test Account Settings “. This will Invoke outlook and Outlook will send a test-mail to the account specified. After you get the mail it is confirmed that your settings are Working fine. Click Next and then Finish
- Set the Incoming Server (POP3) port number as 995 and Set the Outgoing Server (SMTP) port number as 587
Use “TLS” as the Encrypted Connection.
- NowClick Ok.