Bachelor (Hons) Modelling and Data Science
also known as International Bachelor Ygrec in Modelling and Data Science
The University of Mauritius in collaboration with University Paris Seine is currently offering a dual degree programme: Bachelor (Hons) Modelling and Data Science, also known as International Bachelor Ygrec in Modelling and Data Science. Data science, cyber security, economic and financial engineering, artificial intelligence, quantum technologies… are all great challenges which companies face today and which require new and sharp skills.
This is a challenge based programme for excellent and curious students, taught exclusively in English, with a curriculum designed to have an impact on the world of tomorrow. Students will receive the best quality teaching inspired from “classes preparatoires”, engineering schools and university teaching, combined with the ability to learn through innovative pedagogy and openness to research and challenges of the 21st century.
It features a backbone in Mathematics, and applications to economy, finance, statistics, mathematical modeling, data analysis, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and aims to train future top scientists, engineers and managers, both French and English speaking, open to the global complexity of the world.
Overview of the programme
4 years are spent preparing the “International Bachelor Ygrec in Modelling and Data Science” which is completely taught in English.
After 3 years, students will obtain a national undergraduate diploma in Computer Science (Licence).
After completing the 4th year of the course, students obtain a Bachelor’s degree.
The Bachelor course, taught exclusively in English, is a four year programme which is progressive, customised and open.
Years 1 and 2:
- Students build solid scientific foundations and select "diving deeper" modules corresponding to their career plan.
Years 3 and 4:
- Focus on the chosen modules corresponding to specialisation areas.
- Conferences and workshops on contemporary issues
- Learning by doing and the development of soft skills are predominant, so project work plays a major role in the Bachelor progrmame.
- Internships in companies
- International mobility
Optional year (4+1)
After completing the 4th year of the course, students obtain a Bachelor’s degree and may decide to begin their professional career or to continue studying for one extra year (4+1).
If they want to follow the 4+1 programme, they will choose specialisation modules at the beginning of the 4th year, according to their career project: entering an engineering school or pursuing with a second year of a Master’s programme. They will obtain either an Engineering School diploma or a national Master’s degree at the end of the optional (5th ) year.
Students choose between the two following possibilities for their optional year of studies in this programme:
- Engineering School - Engineering diploma
- University - Master's degree
Many professional activities can be targeted such as:
- Mauritian Students: 3000 euros/year for the first two years & 5000 euros/year for the remaining two years
- International Students: 5000 euros/year
* Free laptop worth € 2,300 including over 80 software installed is offered free of charge for all students
Contact our Teams:
Phone: +33 1 82 31 05 65
University of Mauritius: