New Academic Complex Building,
University of Mauritius, Reduit
Tel : (230) 403 7455
Fax : (230) 403 7800
Thanika D. Juwaheer, PhD is Associate Professor of the Department of Management, Faculty of Law and Management and Pro Vice- Chancellor (Planning and Resources) of the University of Mauritius. Dr Juwaheer has several years of experience in marketing, tourism and hospitality in Mauritius and the Indian Ocean Islands.
Dr Juwaheer has extensive teaching, industrial and consulting experience in the marketing, hospitality and tourism field. She has published articles in academic journals, conference proceedings and trade journals in the field of tourism and hospitality management and on the impact of green marketing, customer relationship management and the environmental management strategies of hotels and other companies of Mauritius. Dr Juwaheer serves on the editorial board of several international refereed academic journals.
Her additional research interests include green marketing, ecotourism, service quality, customer satisfaction, CRM and health care management.
Dr Juwaheer holds a PhD from the University of Mauritius and MBA from the University of Delhi, India.
She has acted as Reviewer and Editor for the following International refereed journals:
- Managing Service Quality
- Asian Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Hospitality and Marketing
- World Review of Science, Technology & Sustainable Development (WRSTSD)
- International Journal of Contemporary Research
- Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management
Her research interests and consultancy activities relate to:
- Service Quality and Services Marketing
- Public Relations and Crisis Management
- Destination Branding
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environmental Marketing
- Sustainable Tourism and Impacts of Tourism in Small Islands
- Customer care in Hospitality and Tourism
- Gender issues in tourism
- Infrastructure and Tourism
- Relationship Marketing
- E-marketing and CRM
- Green Marketing and Environmental Management
- Advertising and Direct Marketing
- Children and impact of Advertising and Internet
She was appointed as Visiting Professor at Universite de Toulouse, France between 2006 and 2009:
- 2006-2009 : Appointed as Visiting Professor for l'Institut Des Etudes Politiques (IEP), Universite de Toulouse, France to teach module on ' Economie du tourisme social et culturel"