The University of Mauritius has committed itself to continuous improvement and quality management as indicated in its strategic objectives as follows:
- Ensuring Relevance - interact proactively with the world of work and the community to cater for emergent requirements while inculcating a wider sense of belonging to the University
- Ensuring Quality of Teaching and Learning - enhance existing provisions for continuous improvement in the quality of teaching and learning, and work progressively towards the implementation of best practice.
- Strengthen Research - develop further the University’s research capacity and research management plan.
- Internationalise the University - Improve the International standing of the University and expand its role and programme of activities.
These strategic objectives are reflected to a large extent in the following specific approaches to quality management that are currently being adopted:
- The gradual integration of quality improvement processes throughout the University.
- The enhancement of the University of Mauritius quality system.
- Specific approaches to quality assurance of core activities, with initial focus on Teaching and Learning.
- Improvement of the University’s overall management practices.